Morehead State University delivers strong and affordable education for friendly, ambitious students who thrive in a student-focused learning environment defined by small class sizes and faculty committed to teaching and student success.
摩尔黑德(Morehead)位於肯塔基州(Kentucky)东北部，人口约5千9百人，离州内第二大城- 勒新顿(Lexington)约1小时车程。摩尔黑德座落在丹尼尔布恩国家森林(Daniel Boone National Forest)苍翠的群丘之中，邻近美丽的渡假湖区- Cave Run Lake。这里是肯塔基民俗艺术中心(Kentucky Folk Art Center)的所在地，摩尔黑德州立大学及市内各艺术机构更提供了各种音乐及戏剧表演。从六月至十二月月初更有大小文化盛事，包括音乐节、本地艺术展出、怀旧小提琴大会等。 摩尔黑德四季分明，冬季一月平均温度在摄氏负6度至5度之间，夏季七月及八月平均温度在摄氏17度至31度之间，春季四月平均温度在摄氏4度至19度之间，秋季十月平均温度则介於摄氏6度至21度之间。气候大致来说舒适宜人。户外运动爱好者更可至Cave RunLake区域从事露营、高尔夫球、骑马、钓鱼及划船等运动。 摩尔黑德州立大学占地500英亩，有著友善气氛的校园内绿荫遍布，主要建筑约50栋，包括了教学大楼、娱乐及健康中心、学生宿舍等设施，校园北边还有一处老鹰湖(Eagle Lake)。校内网球场、垒球场、高尔夫球练习场一应俱全，此外还有足球及美式足球场内有重量训练中心，可容纳4,000人的体育馆内可见到大学排球校队挥汗练习，学术及体育综合大楼内更有电脑中心、可容纳6,500观众席的体育馆及篮球场、游泳池等。另外大学书店、邮局、学生餐厅也都方便了学生的日常生活。
- 144 undergraduate degree programs — 13 associate level degrees and 131 baccalaureate degrees
- 4 colleges — Caudill College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; College of Business and Technology; College of Education; and College of Science
- 78 graduate degree programs
- Education specialist program in five specialty areas
- Master’s degree for physician assistants, social workers and a cooperative doctoral program, in partnership with the University of Kentucky
- Doctoral degree in education
- 1 of 5 institutions in the U.S. with a bachelor’s degree in space science
- SACS accredited
- 1st institution in Kentucky to offer a complete degree program online, the Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- View MSU’s academic programs
Morehead State was recognized for the 11th consecutive year as one of the top public universities in the South in the 2015 edition of “America’s Best Colleges” by U.S.News & World Report. MSU was recognized in 2013 by The Daily Beast as a top underrated school.
In 2013, G.I. Jobs magazine ranked Morehead State in the top 20 percent of veteran-friendly colleges, universities and trade schools in the nation, for the fifth straight year.
Top undergraduate majors: Nursing, Social Work, Biomedical Sciences, Special Education, Elementary Education, Business, Accounting, Agriculture, Sociology, Kinesiology and Exercise Science, Radiologic Sciences, Psychology, and Music
Average Freshmen ACT: 22 (as of Fall 2013)
- Mt. Sterling
- West Liberty
- University Center of the Mountains (Hazard)
- Online and via ITV
Physically, the University is located in the foothills of the Daniel Boone National Forest in Rowan County. The more than 700-acre main campus within the city limits of Morehead includes more than 50 major structures with a total replacement value of more than $650 million. Beyond the city, the University’s real estate holdings include the 320-acre Derrickson Agricultural Complex, Eagle Trace, a par-72, 6,902-yard public golf course, and 166-acres of the Browning Orchard. The instructional plant includes 135 classrooms and 150 laboratories. Housing facilities include space for approximately 2,900 students in a variety of living styles, including traditional residence halls, suites and apartments. The University has erected a space tracking system in partnership with NASA. The second component of the Space Science Center opened in 2009 — a $16.6 million instruction and research support facility.
- MSU operates on annual budget of $135.7 million (approximately $41 million provided by the state and $67.4 million coming from tuition and fees)
- Grants and contracts from external sources for research, service and academic/student support projects generate more than $17 million each year.
- Annual private gifts to the University, through the MSU Foundation Inc., average $3 million annually.
MSU is designated as a StormReady campus by the National Weather Service, with severe weather plans with personnel prepared to deal with weather emergencies.
StateUniversity.com has ranked MSU among the safest campuses in Kentucky.
- MSU has awarded nearly 64,000 degrees.
- 1,170 full-time employees
- More than 11,000 students
- Student body represents 108 Kentucky counties, 44 states and 29 nations
- The University welcomes more than 50,000 visitors annually.
- Economic impact on the Morehead area is estimated at more than $90 million yearly.
Updated July 2014
– See more at: http://www.moreheadstate.edu/aboutmsu/#sthash.8SKwj9Q1.dpuf